Take an English guided tour around Hiroshima and Miyajima from Osaka! See the Itsukushima Jinja Shrine and walk through the Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park.
Take a trip from Osaka to Hiroshima and Miyajima. Miyajima is a World Heritage Site and famous for its Itsukushima Jinja Shrine which seems to be floating on the sea during the high tide. The Shrine is known for the unique concept of being built in the sea and its Shinden Zukuri architecture. It was said to have been built sometime in 593 and the present shrine pavilions were constructed around 1168. Admire this World Heritage Site that blends in with the beauty of its calm and natural surroundings.
Our next stop will be Hiroshima, known as the first city in the world to be subject to nuclear warfare when the United States atomic bomb Little Boy was dropped in the city during World War II. In 1949, a design for the Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park was selected and the park was built near the "Atomic Dome," the closest surviving building to the location of the bomb's detonation. We will take a walk through the park which lies in the City of Peace, as declared by the Japanese Parliament.
- Pick up and drop-off at major hotels
- English-speaking assistant or guide service is provided except during onboard Shinkanen
- Train tickets
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Pick ups are available from selected hotels in Osaka
- This tour has a 2 passenger minimum requirement for operation and is subject to cancellation if this minimum is not met. You will be notified if the tour will be canceled 4 days prior to the tour date.
- Children 5 years old and below are free of charge, provided they sit on an adult's lap. If they need a seat, they will be charged (child rates).